View Single Post

Old 03-18-2019, 02:02 PM

The installation is not complicated. installation of the Bosch Model ES2.5, 2.5 Gallon mini tank hot water heater I installed for my kitchen sink. Your under sink conditions should be similar but might require a minor variation. I placed the heater inside a plastic tote that I cut down to use as a leak containment in the event of a minor drip. This type mini tank heater has a pressure relief valve that I connected with a flexible hose into a one gallon plastic container under the sink in the event the relief valve opens. The water temperature setting of the heater is adjustable, however for longer duration use of hot water, there will be some temperature reduction after about 30-45 seconds caused by dilution with the colder water stagnant in the pipes (from the hot supply) entering the heater. The temperature will soon increase again when the hot water supplied from the whole house tankless heater flows through the pipes into the Bosch mini tank heater then to the sink faucet.

This installation can also be duplicated under sink at the master bathroom for sink(s) only if space allows, an outlet for power would also have to be installed to power the heater.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH1.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	78889  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bosch Mini tank ES2.5 Amazon.pdf (142.3 KB, 115 views)