View Single Post

Old 03-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottop View Post
My mother was approached by a man that said her palm tree had termites and she allowed him to take it down. He was to come back and take out the stump, replace with a new tree and also agreed to spray her home of mold. She paid him by check (actually made payable to Stephanie Reed), gave her a handwritten invoice with no name, phone number, nothing. This was back in January. He said he would be back in March and, of course, no sign of him. I am trying to find out if anyone else remembers someone coming around to prey on the elderly in The Villages. Unfortunately this will be a lesson learned for my mother who is 89 and lives by herself. With The Villages being a gated community, it would seem that there would be some protection for the residence. We will be moving her out soon.

It is easy to place the blame somewhere else if it makes one feel better but at 89 perhaps she should have been watched more closely by family members. Shame we have dishonest contractors but they are everywhere.