View Single Post

Old 03-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Default All is opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonig View Post
I've seen some houses listed that are either directly on a lake or a house or two away. Would you want to live by a lake? Why or why not?

On a lake? Is it a lake or is it a drainage puddle? A house or two away. Salesmanship. A golf course view? Well with the leaves on the trees, you can see it if you take a ladder and climb on your roof.

Cost vs value for the money spent. A friend who does not live in the villages lives on a lake-truth it is a drainage pond-SMALL.
When, we were looking thinking etc he said something that I did not realize. In his words you have no privacy. I would expect in a hurricane there is nothing to break the wind. Wildlife. It is beautiful in someone else's place. An alligator great till he stops by for breakfast.

You need to decide WHAT YOU WANT. Most people, me included tend to justify the choice they have made.

There is a lake, drainage pond, not far from us. As it has road frontage, you are allowed to fish there. It is a TINY LAKE. People walk their dogs there. One guy pulls on the grass in his golf cart and fishes-never saw him catch anything. I've never seen alligators there but mostly they survive because you don't see them when they are there. Would you want that by your home-that is your question to answer.