View Single Post

Old 03-18-2019, 05:01 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

We bought on a lake/pond in Fenney nearly two years ago, the only snake I have seen since moving here was on the Lake Sumter Sales Office parking lot. There are not a lot of mosquitos as they keep it sprayed, the alligators are relatively small and I like seeing them, lots of different birds and ducks that are fun to watch, they know exactly how far away from the alligators to walk. Owls and hawks make a daily appearance trying to catch small ducks on the water. I have seen no rats, raccoons, or armadillos I have seen a few rabbits but they don't seem to survive very long, most importantly NO CANADIAN GEESE which we had up north they are worse than dogs messing up the lawn. It's very relaxing to watch the sun come up and go down over the water and our view beyond is all mossy oak trees rather than homes which makes it much more private. We lived on a golf course for 13 years before moving down here and I will never do that again, no privacy, have to listen to every curse word known to mankind almost all day long, the maintenance people start mowing and blowing well before daylight and sometimes well after dark in the evenings and you have to breathe the fumes from pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides quite a few time a year. If we were to build another home it would without a doubt be on water.