View Single Post

Old 03-19-2019, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

Living on a pond with the golf course on the far side is the best decision we made in our Village house selection. The pond is very close and enables us to watch the wildlife which includes a multitude of birds, ducks, some turtles, white pelicans, and a lot of hackers (if you play golf you know what they look like - including me). In 5 yrs, there was only 1 resident alligator and to be honest he/she ( I didn't get too close and even if I did I'm sure I couldn't tell) was kind of fun to spot every once in a while. The gator didn't bother us but I don't think the ducks were as fortunate and it has since been removed. An occasional gator does pass through but I think they are just tourists visiting our adult Disney land. We have seen many more snakes on the streets and on an interior lot we previously had, then on the pond. We are amazed at how few musketoes there are, especially if you come from upstate NY. The location is: peaceful, interesting and just plain wonderful. The lots cost a few $s more but like they say you generally get what you pay for and I'm sure we did. Oh, and the great thing about the golf path on the far side of the pond is you really can't hear them much and they all try to avoid the water when they swing. Unfortunately (or fortunately for us) If you're into ball shagging you have to cross the pond and go into the shrubs on the other side of the fairway to find balls, but they aren't really that expensive at Wallmart. Two more things I almost forgot, the sunsets are numerous and spectacular, and make sure there is an ABC store close by since you will probably go thru more cocktails (Only kidding we use Publix).

Good Luck hunting there will be many opinions only but only yours counts (unless your married or course).