View Single Post

Old 03-20-2019, 08:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmoose13 View Post
I have not played them this season but I am told that the Exec courses up north (Oakleigh, Briarwood, Amberwood, etc,) are in fine shape. Also Tierra del Sole and Palmer are perfect. I played Redfish Run yesterday and it is an eyesore to The Villages's image. Why are the courses south of 466 in such bad shape? This is a perfect topic for The Daily Sun to run an article and get some straightforward answers from the golf department. It is also my understanding that many people were fired January 1 but I did not read what the changes meant unless I missed it.
Regardless of complaints some courses need to be completely closed as keeping them open will not solve the problem. Time for The Villages to bite the bullet and do the right thing.
Just a thought.
Maybe, just maybe they are keeping all the courses open until the summer months so the rest of the courses don't get overrun with play, and chance putting those in crappy condition also. I say If they intend, and need to close some courses, do it during the summer,....and yes,.....after the snowbirds leave.
Steve