View Single Post

Old 03-20-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markue View Post
To late!!! When you toke the half hour bus ride from Brownwood to Fenney and you didn’t see any thing but open fields the WTF button should have went off.

We've certainly enjoyed reading this thread as we were encouraged to check out Fenney. Thank you to everyone.

We skipped that tour, drove ourselves down from Spanish Springs Marriott. We stopped at the visitor center there and agent suggested we visit Fenney after a short chat. Until then, we knew little about TV. 3 days checking out TV told us a lot, and the forums are very useful.

We live in Oregon and have just embarked on our discovery journey to consider for our retirement home. We were at TV to surprise my aunt on her 80th birthday. She's lived there for 15 years.

We checked out Fenney after sales agent encouraged us to. Spartan, sterile, but new was our first impression, and far, far from everything. Sure, those improvements will come, but driving everywhere is not in our long term plans.

We walked the Spanish Springs and Sumter Lake areas. We took the tram tour offered in the Sumter Lake area. We also drove the East and West side boundaries of TV, as well as the east/West highways that cross TV.

No decisions after visiting for 3 days, so we'll be back later in the fall for an extended stay. We liked how everyone was friendly and welcoming. We also had a chance to visit Trilogy down in Grovelad to visit my wife's friend.

TV is definitely going to be what we compare all other retirement possibilities. Only negatives we see are Summers and lack of Kaiser Permanente as a healthcare/Medicare option.

Question: ever cross paths with anyone from Oregon living in TV?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------