View Single Post

Old 03-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Default How a dealer sells at invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodbob View Post
Be careful and ONLY negotiate on the MSRP and not the additional strip next to the manufacturer's window sticker. This is a dealer ripoff that is common here in FL. I've seen an additional 1 to 3 thousand tacked on to the original window sticker. Do your homework and look up the car you want on KBB.com and find out what the actual price is. I had one Ford dealer tell me that if I ordered a car he would sell it to me for dealer invoice. Some even sell for below dealer invoice.
Bottom line is if you pay manufacturer's window sticker, you payed waaaaay too much.
Obviously, no business can sell at cost. The unseen secret. There is something called CALL BACK. Call back in a fee to the dealer from the manufacturer when the car is sold. Depending on the car it is about 7%. Thus they show you a car show you the invoice and it is 30,000. The pitch is I have to make $250 to sell it. You, seeing tears in the saleman's eyes think wow he likes me sooooo much he is only making $250. The truth on 30,000 invoice price he makes 7% call back so 2100+250=2350.
Then if you finance, you take the paint sealer, scotch guard the seat and then they charge you for a spare tire etc etc etc