Thread: Slow play
View Single Post

Old 03-24-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Until there are REAL consequences for slow play, starting at the professional level...it will be a lost cause.

Since I don't play the exec's, I can't speak for them, but I have yet to EVER see a championship course ambassador...move a slow group up.

Even with two holes in front of them open, it's usually a "well, they're on time"...or some other inane comment.

There are so many ways to play quicker, without rushing your actual shot. It starts with the idea that getting your azz out of the cart, grabbing the club you think you'll need, with one more and one less, walking over to your ball and then playing ready golf...is NOT against the rules.

And then there's the group that needs a union meeting to gather around and watch each player hit their ball.

And then there's the ones who can't trust their memory from the green to the next tee, so must write everyone's score (after yelling to confirm) at their cart...which they've parked too close to the green in the first place.

And then............

If everyone would simply follow the old adage that "your place on the course is right behind the group in front of you, not just ahead of the group behind you"...things would get instantly better.
Pace of play has 2 factors, on time and position. You can have 2 holes open in front of you and still be on time. Maybe open tee times, maybe 2 somes or 3 somes. The pace is NOT determined by how fast you play but by the clock. A group can be on time or a couple minute behind but the group behind can be fast players. Also ambassadors have far more ability then you may think, but there are many factors. We are retired, take a chill pill.