View Single Post

Old 03-24-2019, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

The other thing to consider is NEW versus resale, you may get more bang for the buck on a resale as it may very well have significant upgrades. Occasionally you will find deals where you can buy a lot and build, we did this. The advantage is you get everything you want upfront, the only major upgrade we had to do was the addition of a birdcage, we were not sure what we wanted when we built.
You pay major premiums for a water or golf course view. We chose neither, but got great privacy (by accident). Look a Google Earth, and you will see the typical layout, with "kissing lanais". these work well if you and your neighbor get along, they do not work well if you do not. Corner lots, larger lots, etc., also get premiums.
IMHO, list what is important to you, and take a look a Zillow and other sites to see what might be available, keep checking, houses become availalbe all the time, there are 2 right near me, one for $519k and one for $720k, bot have pools and improvements.
While I have NO direct experience, there appears to be some differences in the Fenney area, versus the area North of 466A, and i have no opinion if this si good or bad. There is an active quarry and a federal prison south of 44, so ask questions when you are looking.
The villages has (and is currently) growing so much that 6 years ago when we built, we were is the southern end of the villages, we are now almost in the CENTER of the villages.
Search Lyle Grant on this site, he is a realtor has has a website with a lot of info, we did not use him, as we bought new through the villages.
NOTE: new homes can only be purchased directly from the villages through their agents, resales area available from both the villages and MLS, but as far as I know NOT listed by BOTH, so if you are looking for a resale, you need to check both sources.
Hope this helps.
Send me a PM with your contact info if yopu would like to discuss further.