View Single Post

Old 03-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoroden View Post
Hello, Joe here from Shreveport, LA. My wife and I are exploring retirement locations in about 3 years. We have 8 kids between us and also 10 siblings. Thinking of central Florida so they will be enticed to visit us instead of mostly us traveling all over the country.

We are going to do a Lifestyle visit for the first time in May for 4 days. We are very interested in all the positives we have been reading about.

Our only concern so far is that the price per square foot and quality of homes via pictures are more expensive and lower quality than we are used to.

We have a $350k home near Bossier City, LA with 2700 sq fr, a huge kitchen with granite, 3 bedrooms, a large bonus room, 3.5 baths with granite in every one, a kitchen in backyard with granite, crown moldings everywhere. Seems like a similar home would be like $600-800K in The Villages.

For those already there, can you comment on quality and price of homes?

Thanks! Joe
Joe, Someone posted that there are other 55 Plus communities within a short drive On Top of the World is one worth checking out. We were there today visiting a friend. They are building some beautiful homes and you get more bang for your buck there. The gotcha is the lifestyle here is much better. We looked at some places in ON Top of The World and thought WOW, sure more house for the dollar but the activities just don’t match what’s here in TV.

By the way have you ever had dinner at Ernest’s ? Good friend of mine Don Mason is an entertainer there.