View Single Post

Old 03-25-2019, 06:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Princess View Post
Has anyone started out as a snow bird and then changed to be come a full-time villages resident? What made you change your mind?
We rented for only 2 yrs. before we bought. We looked just like all of the people in the sales office, excited, bubbly. What most people don't know is they don't watch for the right areas to buy in, they're all just so over whelmed with everything here. You will learn the pro's & con's here just like any other place. Don't take me wrong it is a Disneyland for retirees. The Villages realtors are pushing Fenny, they're under cutting the older side of the Villages to sell the 50,000 new homes that are going to be built there & the people that have the preowned are getting stuck with there home because they want a little more for them. Just remember to ask TV realtors about, Higher property taxes, Bonds & Aminities. Probably won't be any entertainment for about 4 or 5 more yrs. unless you drive your car to at least Brownwood, no grocery stores close. Nice place to live but snowbirds making TV their permanent home will learn all the pro's & con's real quick. I know someone will disagree with me, but not everybody lives the same lifestyle, have more or less money, different interest. Enjoy your new Disneyland!