View Single Post

Old 03-25-2019, 06:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
If it wasn't for sitting on my quiet Chesapeake Bay beach with my feet in the water, boating on the bay, fishing, crabbing, family all around, golf, friends, etc. I would live here year round.
You made a great analysis Bay Kid! Don't take me wrong, it is a nice place to live. But not everything here is cracked up to be what they said. I play golf, golf is free on the Executive courses but if you want to play the Championship course you have to join or pay 45 to $55. dollars to play them. In the summer you can play them for $7. if you can stand to play in the heat or be lucky enough to get a tee time before 10:00am. I bet I've had at least 5 people tell me that live on the old side (orange blossom) that when they moved here 15 or 20 yrs. ago you lived like a millionaire, now you've got to be a millionaire to live here. (inflation) That's a little overboard but you can buy anything that you buy in TV less outside the bubble. Everybody has thier opinion of TV, because everybody doesn't live like the next person. Oh, by the way we're moving to Texas in April. I will miss the people here & the lifestyle but we have our reasons too!