View Single Post

Old 03-31-2019, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
The way my realtor worded it was the average Villager WOULD (note future tense here) move three times in the Villages. Assuming dead people aren’t voting, and not a huge amount of people voting that already left the Villages and will never return, most of these votes are only of those that think they will never move or move again.

Between family members and myself, we’ve bought a few houses in the Villages. One from someone moving away from the Villages, so they would be in the one house camp. They moved here, it wasn’t for them, and they sold two years later. One elderly lady died in her original house after having a long, active life here in the Villages.

But the rest were people who now happily reside elsewhere in the Villages. In one case they divorced and are both living elsewhere in the Villages. In one case they bought too small, and moved to a bigger house. In another they found their house too big after their spouse died, so they moved to a smaller house. In our present neighborhood about 1/3 of the residents have moved within the neighborhood once. I’m sure some of these people thought they were one and done at one time.
There will always be anecdotal stories.

Having personally only dealt with a Villages (so-called) 'realtor' for a short period and eventually buying a FSBO, I usually looked with a jaundiced eye...at a lot of the claims (like the 3 houses average) she made.

But hey, maybe that's just me and my unending thirst & quest...to learn actual facts and the truth.

I've never been very good at just believing things said...on face value.