View Single Post

Old 03-31-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Obviously that chip shot on 18 must have been tough, even Sergio missed it and costly for both.
I agree, but his mistake was hitting driver and putting himself in that position. I think that it was probably due to the fact that they hadn't played that hole very much over the first three days.

This is exactly why the PGA Championship went to stroke play after many years as a match play event. They were afraid that the best players in the world would eliminated early and there would be little interested in having two mediocre players playing in the finals.

It looks like it's going to be Kisner and Kucher. I'm happy to see two Americans in the final, but it would have been so much better with two marque players. Instead, we have the number 34 and number 50 players in the world that many people aren't really interested in.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.