View Single Post

Old 03-31-2019, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Tiger's mistake on 18 was hitting driver off the tee. With the hole in that location he would have had a better chance of hitting is close from 80-100 yards where he could put some spin on the ball.

The putt that he missed was anything but easy. That hole was cut on a little mound. Both he and his caddy read it to go right and it went left.

The most difficult thing about that golf course is the greens. if not for the absurdly difficult greens it wouldn't qualify to host a PGA tour or WGC event.

On one hand you call Tiger a has been and then you refer to him as Goliath. I honestly don't understand the Tiger hate. He's arguably the greatest ever to play the game and still the most popular player in the game.

But my point was that Tiger still draws the biggest audiences and crowds. After that, the handful of players that I mentioned along with Rickie Fowler and perhaps a few more are what draws audiences to golf. With none of them in the mix, I would expect that the TV audience and the crowd will be way down.
It's obvious you worship the ground (and fairways) Tiger walks on and I don't. I do think he was and I say "was" a good golfer. The best of all times? How do you measure that. Many more tournaments per year, different equipment, etc. My explanation for dislike, actually a lack of respect is more appropriate - My children were in their early teens when Tiger was great. No way on this earth could I bring myself to say to them "go and emulate him". Then there is Kutch - does that smile ever leave his face?