View Single Post

Old 03-31-2019, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
It's obvious you worship the ground (and fairways) Tiger walks on and I don't. I do think he was and I say "was" a good golfer. The best of all times? How do you measure that. Many more tournaments per year, different equipment, etc. My explanation for dislike, actually a lack of respect is more appropriate - My children were in their early teens when Tiger was great. No way on this earth could I bring myself to say to them "go and emulate him". Then there is Kutch - does that smile ever leave his face?
I suspect, as Boogie stated earlier, the ratings will be way down since Tiger is out which means many that enjoy golf follow Tiger. Not sure if you watch any golf interviews but there isn't a professional golfer that would agree with you, they all respect him and what he did for the game and the purses....including Kutch. While I wouldn't want my kids to emulate his behavior with his wife and DWI, I would encourage them to look at how he fought back from not only those instances, but how he fought back from his surgeries to gain his competitive form. Not giving up when everyone else gave up on you to me, is something to emulate....JMO.

Berks County Pennsylvania