View Single Post

Old 04-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
Typical of any electronic product the prices quickly and dramatically drop. Remember TVs, computers, cell phones, printers, etc etc etc.

As to warrantys, read any offered carefully. Typically they are prorated-real value reduces over time. Also, they are usually based on an inflated LIST PRICE. Perhaps, now just out, people are paying list price but as said above the price will surely drop below list price. That will further devalue the value of the warranty.

As to the never ending debate gas vs electric golf carts. People will always argue about the choice they've made. So I declare I have gas. If, you have a gas golf cart that stinks excessively, it probably needs to be serviced. As to quiet, electric will be quieter. The newer yamhas are far quieter than older ones I expect mostly due to sound deadening materials which by the way can be added to an older cart. The noise can actually be a good thing. People walking, riding a bike etc may not hear you coming.
Remember seeing a Sears catalog with the NEW video recorders for $2,200. Times have really changed!