View Single Post

Old 04-08-2019, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjohns View Post
We just bought a new home in the Villages! Yay! I am so excited to play in the yard and plant some of my favorite flowers. I have read my deed restrictions and want to abide by the rules, however, I am a little confused as to scrubs. Are they considered the same as trees? My restrictions say I cannot cut down a tree with a trunk more then 4 inches in diameter. Is it the same for scrubs? I am not planning any changes to the hard landscape. I am worried that my question is silly and don't want to bother what seems like a very busy ARC. Is it okay to thin out scrubs and change flowers without going through the review process? Thank you so much for your input!
Not silly when you try to figure out restrictions in villages with each district have some differences, let alone trying to fine it on district.gov?

Shrubs are not trees. I doubt any shrub trunk will ever get 4” in diameter. If it does it will take very long time. 4” rule is for canopy trees like oaks, maples, ext... palms are not considered canopy trees so the 4” rule don’t apply to them for approval for removal.