View Single Post

Old 04-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Default Condition of the greens on Executive Courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
In my experience it is not ball marks causing the problem, it is large grassless spots in the greens, incompetent and poorly timed aeration, mindless operation of equipment damaging the greens, and lack of grass care. On one course I saw three greens damaged by leaking fluid... you have to wonder if the operator was half asleep... pure amateurism. I agree they are on the way to busting the bubble. In general the greens north of 466 seem to be in better shape than those to the south... have no idea why
The greens north of 466 are in better condition because they get less play. They get less play because the average age of residents north of 466 is greater than the average age of residents south of 466 and the older residents either don't play as much or maybe no longer play at all. For those of us who live south (almost to SR44), it is too long of a ride in a golf cart to play a nine hole course north of 466. Also, many residents south of SR44 are playing the courses north of SR44 and south of 466. That will get to be a bigger problem once the bridges over SR44 have been completed.