View Single Post

Old 04-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

[QUOTE=ColdNoMore;1640003][SIZE="2"]Having first rented here about 10 years ago and purchasing almost 7 years ago...I couldn't agree with you more.

I can't help but wonder though, if the deterioration of 'some' of the champ courses (I don't play exec's)...is totally by accident/lack of funding?

I'm thinking that Da Family, as exhibited by what's going on down south with big courses not coming close to keeping up with the increasing residency...is actually in 'The Plan.'

As golf loses participation in general, it's my opinion that an emphasis is being put toward what Da Family thinks...will be the biggest draw to future retirees.

I agree, there seems to be a new emphasis being put on other things besides golf, as well as other subtle changes such as the type of music (both in the squares and played on WVLG) that indicate the developers are changing their focus to draw a new generation of retirees. Unfortunately, we bought in the Villages because we loved the way things were and not because we want to enjoy things that future generations might put a greater emphasis on. That being said, it's still a great place that we enjoy a lot. We just don't want to see what we bought into change.