View Single Post

Old 04-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think the opposition to the music is that there is one station that is broadcast out of every single speaker in every single square. I have nothing against the type of music they play, just that they play it, and I can't turn it off or down when I'm in a square. Perhaps you haven't yet been to a square and don't understand the opposition.

As for the golf courses and your not understanding what the problem is, I would ask how many golf courses in TV you have played on, and over what period of time. I think you might not have been here long enough to understand some of the current problems some golfers, especially the serious ones, are experiencing.
Yes I've been to the squares several times, and have heard the music. Many of the speakers don't work, so nothing comes out of them at all. Some of them are louder than others, it seems, and it also depends on whether or not you're facing them or facing away from them. I don't really pay attention to the sound coming from those speakers at all. It's just background noise, to me. The gas-powered golf carts driving by are louder and obscure anything that'd come from the speakers anyway.

As for golf, I'm not a golfer. My husband is, but I'm not. It doesn't matter that I'm not though, because the courses should be somewhat attractive, whether I'm playing on them or not. That's part of what my amenity fee is paying for. If it's in *bad* shape, it should be repaired. But if there are 40 executive courses and half of them need to be repaired, there's still 20 more executive courses. At $159/month, for access to 20 executive courses in good shape plus all the other amenities, I'm not seeing why this would be "disappointing" or that people aren't getting their money's worth or being ripped off.

If you were paying the typical HOA fee for a single-course community in Georgia or South Carolina, you'd suffer from sticker shock. It's the hue and cry that I'm not understanding. I DO understand that you absolutely positively deserve to have these courses in good shape.

But it's not like there aren't any courses to play at, or that you can get zero tee-times at any of the good ones, at all during the week. There are, and you can. Not as many as there arguably should be, but I think for $159/month what you are getting shouldn't be a deal-breaker.