View Single Post

Old 04-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
When I get an eye exam I always state that I want my bifocals to have a focus point at 24 inch from my face. At 24 inch I can clearly see my computer, read the paper and see the dashboard in my car. It never fails that when I have new glasses made, I can’t see the dashboard clearly thru my bifocals nor my far vision. When I complain, I hear the same tired old response, you need trifocals or progressives. Trifocals and progressives interfere with my golf swing. Every time, I have to argue until I receive a prescription with bifocals focal best at 24 inches from my face. Then, I see the dashboard, read and my phone/computer screen just fine and my golf ball thru my far vision just fine. So, please do what I pay for and not what you the tech believes is best for me. Ggggggeeeeezzzz!!!
I'm not sn ophthalmologist but do have a background in photography-lenses etc.
Normal reading lenses are designed to work at 18 inches. I will guess you have light colored eyes. Reason for my guess is that people with light colored eyes usually have the iris open larger than people with dark colored eyes. The effect is less depth of field. If, I am right try turning the illumination on your car dash board to it's brightest setting.

For your sight, from you post, something is unusual. If, you don't know what it is you should see a quality ophthalmologist for a complete exam.