View Single Post

Old 04-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Default Your post is confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownBee View Post
Help, we're supposed to close on a Ruby (no golf cart garage) in Marsh Bend tomorrow but we're going to have to rent it out (preferably long term) until we can both retire and move down to the Villages full time. This morning we saw a nice Emerald style home with a separate golf cart garage that came available in a new neighborhood in Marsh Bend and are thinking of buying that one instead. It also has a larger yard with a fenced area for a dog. I read on this site that something a lot of homeowners wish they had was that separate golf cart garage. And, I've noticed it seems the extra golf cart garage is a big plus for long term renters. Problem is, the Emerald house is $25,000 more than the Ruby and it could cost us up to $2,000 in fees to switch to the Emerald this late in the game. The pro's of the Emerald as I see it are it would be easier to find a long term renter AND we would like the home better when we are able to live full-time at the Villages. The Ruby might sit empty for months while we hold out for a long term renter whereas the Emerald might be more desireable and we could get a renter in faster. It also might be easier to sell if we were ever to move in the future. If we went with the Ruby we would have to spend money on furniture, etc. outfitting it for short term renters. Anyway, we have to make a decision fast because we're supposed to close tomorrow so I'm looking for input. Thanks. We can swing either one financially.
You ask long term renter and then space for your dog.
I will just address golf cart garage. Space is limited in all of these homes. Translation I still miss my basement.

Depending on the model, not all the models have a full width golf cart garage. Without a full house width golf cart garage, you may not have room for a work table, storage or one of the all facing the same way four seat golf carts. I've never met anyone who says gee I wish I had less room. Of course bigger means more expensive. How much you can spend how much are are willing to spend is up to you and your bank account.

From the post I assume it is too late but, far as a golf cart garage, a piece of land bigger enough to have a straight drive way into the golf cart garage would be a plus. We have a two car garage and a golf cart garage. We only need one car as we use the golf cart or I use my bike to get around. The golf cart is in a side of the second car garage. Leaving the front of the second half for all my hobbies-OK my bikes and garden and, and and and