View Single Post

Old 04-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
That really doesn't matter about the schedule, the greens are still aerated. They are trying to fix a problem sooner than later. Why people would moan and groan about this on any course, is beyond me. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess. In a couple of months, with more rain and with less play that I am noticing already, most, if not all courses will be just fine. Take that as you will, that's the last I'm going to say (well maybe) on this subject. All's I can do is shake my head at some of the ridiculous posts, without naming any in particular.
Steve
Ya know... I'm just a casual golfer and not all that competent at judging one course from another, so although I have been on greens that I thought were not in good shape, I have no expertise.

However, enough people are complaining, and a lot of people are saying wait until the snowbirds go home. But the whole idea is to have full occupancy in the winter months, and the weather and activities and golf are advertised as such. Do they ever say Come Down on the Off Season and Find Great Golf Course Conditions?

My opinion is that the courses should be maintained to a higher standard during the high season, because that's what TV is all about, the winter warmth and the outdoor activities.