View Single Post

Old 04-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I am a golfer and I agree the greens (especially on the executive courses I've played) are in poor condition. I hope that over the summer they will be able to fix the issues. But I still love living here. I love all the golfing options, but it's not the only reason I live here. I've made great friends and I love all the activities. It's a well maintained, beautiful place to live. The "HOA" fee pays for so much more than golf course maintenance. And that fee is unbelievably reasonable.
What frustrates me is that so many people expect "The Developer" to fix things. "Fix the Villages Regional Hospital, fix the golf courses, stop selling homes because it's getting too big/too much traffic and I don't like that."
If there comes a time The Villages doesn't have what I'm looking for... I will move to a community that better fits my needs. But I'm not going to blame The Developer... I believe they are trying to do the right thing for the people that live here. And I certainly don't begrudge them for making a profit on what they are doing.