View Single Post

Old 04-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountainMan View Post
Just a response to all who answered my initial post.The reason I chose the villages was the sheer amount of EXCELLENT golf courses. If it now comes down to one or two champ. courses out of 13 that are in DECENT condition, I can get that anywhere without the traffic and hour waits in restaurants. Some other retirement communities offer one or two courses and that's fine. That's why I chose NOT to move there. I pay amenity fees and greens fees so that ALL the courses create a variety for me to play. To AW MAN's post that you disagree with everything I said...you either don't play golf on the championship courses or you're not aware of what a real golf course should look and play like. Most logical people I talk with agree that the growth here and the conditions of the courses have eroded the quality of life...and if others can't see that I think it's time to remove your rose colored glasses!
For those whose life is only about golf....you might be right. If you moved here because of golf and had an expectation that can't be met....now what do you do? I lived in PA where we had some great conditions....they were a different grass, they were only played on regularly 8 months a year and didn't approach the number of rounds that get played here. I assume you have an intimate knowledge on what it takes to maintain a golf course and have extensive experience in this area, otherwise your comments and judgement is personal opinion only. Those that are enjoying the golf here have their opinions also but your insinuation that they are wearing rose colored glasses because they disagree with you is both rude and insulting. JMO

Berks County Pennsylvania