View Single Post

Old 04-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,677 Times in 5,229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
In that case I would do my best to attend. Retiredguy is incorrect, I’m as active real estate agent. There are sellers agents who listed the house and represents the sellers. there are buyers agents who took you to the house and represents the buyers. It would have cost you nothing to have been represents by your own agent. In your case the selling agent made the entire 6% commission, instead do splitting the commission with a buyers agent who incidentally would owe you a fudicary duty and would have been at the walk thru. I suggest that you have a conversation with the sellers agent and explain your situation, and inform her/him that should there be an issue if the condition of the house they would be dragged into a lawsuit. Back up the conversation with an email.
Sorry, but I am not incorrect. Real estate agents do not have a contractual agency relationship with buyers. A fiduciary duty is totally different from a legally binding agency contract. The only legally binding agency contract is between the real estate company and the seller. If the buyer does not pay any money to the real estate agent, then there cannot be a contract. Basic contract law. If a buyer tried to sue a real estate agent for improper representation, the case would be thrown out of court because they do not have a contract for representation. Sellers do have a contract. That is the difference.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 04-10-2019 at 05:07 PM.