View Single Post

Old 04-13-2019, 12:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
One of the attractive facets of this community is the wide spread in the price of housing. I could see where a community with homes starting in 7 figures could effectively hinder ethnic diversity. But I don’t see that here. There really is a home for everyone. Another is that I find few villagers who judge fellow residents by the house they own, or their former occupation, or their income.

The best and only way for diversity to be addressed is for the residents to continue to be welcoming, considerate, and accepting to their neighbors.
You make a well informed point, seldom if ever noted. Folks ask me why I bought homes in “ Over 55” Communities and they are surprised at my answer. It is not about the golf other activities it is about the lack of any class structure. I played golf with maintenance men and once with a 4 star General and the mother of a big movie star. The men both looked alike and acted the same. The woman was fun to be with. Men Even dressed the same. I joke that a Village resident could hold up a bank at 9AM and not miss a Tee Time at 9:53. Law Enforcement would be out looking for an older man with grey or no hair, wearing golf shorts and shirt, a ball cap and sneakers. Good luck to them.