View Single Post

Old 04-13-2019, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
It's obvious you worship the ground (and fairways) Tiger walks on and I don't. I do think he was and I say "was" a good golfer. The best of all times? How do you measure that. Many more tournaments per year, different equipment, etc. My explanation for dislike, actually a lack of respect is more appropriate - My children were in their early teens when Tiger was great. No way on this earth could I bring myself to say to them "go and emulate him". Then there is Kutch - does that smile ever leave his face?
Interesting that someone who WAS a GOOD golfer is now in the final group on the final of the Masters. He was also in the final group of The Open Championship last year and in the hunt for the PGA. This comeback from his injuries is nothing short of miraculous. There are not many people in the world that could have done that.

More people will tune in to the Masters tomorrow because of Tiger. More people watch golf and play golf because of Tiger. More young people and minorities now participate in golf because of Tiger. People who have no interest in golf watch when he is in contention. He has been very, very good for the game.

Yes, he made a mistake, a huge mistake, but he has also done a lot of good in the world. His Tiger Woods foundation helps thousands of people. I don't where one big mistake wipes out al of the good this man has done for the world and it certainly does not justify the hate that I hear from so many.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.