View Single Post

Old 04-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
Does anyone know of an organization that helps pet owners who need to travel a great distance with their pet to be seen by a vet?

At this time there is no vet in the U.S. that does a certain heart procedure and people have to travel out of the country to Japan and maybe a few other countries. A disabled vet tech is needing to take her dog there. Friends of mine are raising the money for the surgery. I'm trying to figure out how to get her a free round trip flight. This is new to me. I'm going to contact some airlines, but not too hopefully. I was hoping maybe someone else had some ideas or knew of an organization. I don't think the little dog can wait until University of Florida starts their open heart program.

Here is a newspaper article about someone else who had to travel to Japan with their pet to get the procedure done: NJ dog travels to Japan for heart surgery - Story | WNYW
That is a story from summer of 2018. Any new developments? How did they pay for the trip, etc. Local vets, animal doctors, and others might get involved.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-16-2019 at 10:07 AM.