Thread: Amenity fees
View Single Post

Old 04-17-2019, 11:47 AM
Sage
Default Amenity fees

I have been here for 13 years. My amenity fee has gone from $125/month to $155 in that time, an approximate 25% total increase or roughly less than 2% per year while the number and quality of amenities have increased.

For perspective, during that same period my auto insurance has doubled, with no claims.

So, I’m in the camp that says we get great value for our amenity fee. I never expected it to stay the same and am pleased that it has increased at a very reasonable rate.

Gold wing...one thing you said was new to me, if I interpreted it correctly. It sounds as if there are 3 amenity budgets...N of 466, 466 to 44, and below 44, each directed and managed and approved by a separate central CDD. Could this lead to an inconsistent application of amenity fees? For example, one area puts more into executive golf course maintenance while another central district decides to skimp there...thus leading to uneven conditions. I always viewed the amenities as a single entity, usable to all, with a consistent level of funding for maintenance and operation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk