View Single Post

Old 04-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Restaurant staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
Too bad the health inspectors weren’t at Cody’s on 42 when a server spent about 10 minutes petting a black labrador that was brought in by a couple who sat at the bar..clearly this was not a service dog. I pointed out to that server that he was in the wrong by his actions and needless to say, he became quite defensive & belligerent.. I posted a review on their web site ..never received a response
You point out an underlying major problem that plague many restaurants in The Villages. Getting experence and competent staff. The pool of labor isn’t keeping up with the growth of The Villages. It also appears to be true in the staffing of medical professionals. Another Thread.

About two months ago was our last visit to Cody’s in Brownwood. We brought two guests from out of town. The time was 5:15 and the wait area was full of people and wait time 45 minutes. After about 15 minutes, I wandered back to the rest room area noticing several empty tables. The staffing shortage was quite noticeable. After about 50 minutes we were finally seated and it was another 45 minutes or so before we got our food. The Server was pleasant and did the best she could for obviously being stressed and overworked. I had eaten so many peanuts that I really can’t give you an accurate evaluation of the food. I paid the bill and left a 20% tip. In spite of all this, we still enjoyed the evening - it was because of the “company” more than where we were having dinner. We try not to sweat the small stuff.