View Single Post

Old 05-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In the last section of your link, it says that the buyer pays no money to the buyer's agent. My point is that, if the buyer pays nothing to be represented, then he/she has no legal representation or the right to take any action against the agent for misrepresentation because there is no legal contract. Also, I have not seen any of the buyer's agency agreements, referred to in the link, ever offered or used in The Villages. I know several real estate agents, and they all say that they represent the seller. Has anyone ever signed a buyer's agent agreement?
Who pays has nothing to do with it. Actually, an agent's earnings normally come out of the proceeds from the sale. This is the case for sellers' agents, buyers' agents and transactional agents. If a buyer has a buyer's agency contract with a real estate agent that agent works for the buyer and is legally obligated to represent the buyer, not the seller. A buyer may of course separately hire and pay an agent.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine