View Single Post

Old 05-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I used the advice given in these threads at TOTV. DiAngelo told me how to proceed, the listing agent did the walk through and she FaceTimed me. I looked for what the home inspector told me to. I could see for myself everything I wanted to. The listing agent, realizing I was new to buying a house in Florida also suggested and put in a warranty clause for one year for me. The escrow company, Freedom Title, was beyond professional. To avoid email scam I asked them to mail me all documents to my current house. They were also picked up at my house and returned to escrow. I could not be happier with how the remote closing went through.
My daughter and I in separate property purchases have used a buyer's agent to do the walkthrough using FaceTime. If a person is out of state or out of the country one may have no choice. In each case everything came out fine. Of course, if at all possible a buyer should personally do the walkthrough.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine