View Single Post

Old 05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
NOT sure why anyone would want to drive for a Costco...through dense traffic (ie. Orlando). I'm familiar with Costco but it wouldn't warrant me to make a special trip to shop at one. Would I if we had one here---perhaps. We've lived here nearly 10 yrs. and the skuttlebutt has always been..."we're getting a Costco, because I talked to someone who told me...." I'll believe it once I hear it from The Developer or read about it in our daily newspaper. Until then..........

Never had a problem driving to Costco in Orlando, at least the one on Garden Park near Millennia Mall. Worst trip was just over an hour. We usually go once a month unless we are making a couple Disney trips. If you avoid 8-9AM and 5-6PM it's not a problem. It's more than just Costco, it's also Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and LOTS of great restaurants not even considering 2 big malls (outlet and "high end") and Universal Studios and lots of other things to do. While there is a lot to do here we still need a break from just staying in the bubble day after day. Need a break and some real civilization. That was the hardest thing for us to give up from up North in the NYC/NJ area. Maybe in a few more years we'll change our ways but for now we need to escape the bubble occasionally.