View Single Post

Old 05-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Sage
Default Robo calls on land-lines

This might not be the right place to chat about this but here goes anyway. We still have a land-line in our home for many reasons. We have "caller I.D." on it and good thing too, because we get A LOT of robo-calls and we do screen EVERY call that comes in. IF it's a legitimate person---someone we know or a professional we're expecting we'll pick up OR we'll return the call if a message is left. Some days the phone doesn't ring or seldom does. Other days, like this morning, multiple calls come in. This morning was a 1st for us, though I'd heard about it. This is when the number that shows up is from "you"---it's your name and number. We've received MULTIPLE calls from this today plus a couple of others. I've checked on blocking but the services for land-lines aren't up to date for that so nomorerobo won't work. We don't give our cells out (except to VERY select people) and we do get a few robo's but there again, we screen and just block/delete any numbers that we're sure aren't truly someone we'd ever speak with. I may just unplug our land-line for the rest of the day but hate to do that "in case of an emergency". You never know if someone you know and/or love is trying to reach you. Now I'm done with my rant but my gosh, this is getting VERY irritating! Those people need to get a real job instead of preying on the un-suspecting.