View Single Post

Old 05-05-2019, 08:02 AM

I went to Dickey's recently. The place is very very small. You walk in and there were a few tables on each side very close together. That was it for the tables. The line to order goes in between the tables and out the door. They had a few tables set up outside. I thought maybe there was more seating in the back and when I asked was told no. Then the sides of sauce, utensils, napkins and drinks are literally right behind the chairs people are sitting in so it is very difficult to move around to get your drinks, etc. It was very hot outside and I did not want to sit outside but had no choice due the few seats inside that were occupied. When I lived in GA, there was a Dickey's and it had ample seating and the line was against the wall so you were not right on top of people sitting and eating their food. They were out of pork ribs, the ice tea container was empty and counter for getting condiments was messy. They were very busy. I felt bad for the owners who maybe are first time franchise owners? They were trying as hard as they could. My food was very good though. I think the owners will regret occupying such a small space. When the snowbirds come down and it gets even more busy, people will literally have no where to sit. Out of curiosity, I peeked in next door to Flippers (never been there yet) and they had ample seating, large and you weren't right on top of people when ordering your food. I actually saw people who walked into Dickey's, saw the chaos at the condiment counter and the line almost out the door and decided to go to Flippers instead.