View Single Post

Old 05-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Not sure what your link has to do with Velvet's question. The Yamaha RZ isn't a golf cart.

Velvet: Motor scooters or mopeds are *NOT* allowed on the multi-modal trails. It's for golf carts, bicycles, pedestrians, and in-line or roller skates. According to the memorandum dated 2010 from the District Counsel to the District Manager, Segways would also be permitted since the state treats them as bicycles and they aren't considered motorized vehicles. Skateboards and non-motorized scooters (basically a skateboard with a handle) aren't mentioned in the memorandum but I have yet to see anyone skateboarding anywhere in The Villages, let alone on the MMPs.

In a bunch of different articles and op-eds and random threads and arm-chair lawyer discussions, people claim there is no actual speed limit on the MMPs. But according to one article I saw in a google search the speed limit is 19.8mph. Keep in mind that the MMPs are not under police jurisdiction. They can't issue speeding tickets to violators on the MMPs. The community police might have other ideas though, so it's best to not test it. Plus it's considered bad form. Theoretically you could get a speeding ticket for riding your bicycle or roller skating on the public roads over 30 MPH.

I also didn't see anything about motorized wheelchairs, or electric scooters of the medical-need variety but I imagine they'd be allowed on the MMPs as well.
Offered as an opportunity to learn what the speed limits are on the MMPs. Not sure what your comment had to do either.