View Single Post

Old 05-07-2019, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
When Alex Trebek was interviewed on live TV recently, he said that the season is over and that he is off until September. So, I assume the teacher's tournament is already recorded and can be aired at any time.

That's an interesting point.

Jeopardy obviously could not know in advance, that they would have a 'James' making a run at history...and readjusting prerecorded shows shouldn't be that big of a deal.

So the fact that all the shows are prerecorded, they might have had the chance to rearrange the teacher's tournament...to show Jame's continued run until he loses.

However, the teacher's tournament, (which is played every year) and is slated for an entire two weeks...could really be screwed up if rescheduled.

Particularly, if James were to lose on say a Monday, which would then cause some scrambling by the show to get other contestants lined up earlier...than they were originally scheduled to be on the show.

I can see where the logistics of filling out a week, after James loses and before the teacher's tourney started...could cause some real problems.

So I guess I'm thinking, that staying with the original schedule... doesn't necessarily mean James is going to lose soon.

Then again, that may be exactly what happens.

One thing is for sure, all of the publicity and the anticipation of James coming back...sure isn't going to hurt the show's popularity.

As precedent I give you....

Who shot J.R.?

The we'll be told, that James' run...was just a dream.