View Single Post

Old 05-08-2019, 05:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Champ golf course conditions

I live on Belle Glade Gold Course. I consider myself an avid golfer. I am priority, play in two different groups three days a week. All on Champ courses. The most common complaint I hear from fellow golfers is that there is very little turf and grass in the fairways. Sometimes you are better off hitting your ball in what is called the "rough" since there is a little grass there. The reason for this lack of grass is the tremendous amount of play during the Winter months and the enormous number of golf carts rolling down the fairways. No way you can grow turf with that much traffic. Yesterday around 6:30 I noticed several groups with three golf carts in each group. I also noticed several more carts with one person running up and down the fairway I live on with no clubs on the cart. I went over to the starter shack and inquired how this was allowed to occur. The ambassador told me well "it's a tournament". Having lived here seven years I have never seen that many three cart groups and carts with no clubs being allowed on a course. I have played in tournaments and this was not allowed. Also there were no ambassadors on the course to monitor this over play. I plan to speak with the course super today. This is the reason we have and will continue to have sparse, hard fairways in TV. This is poor course management.