View Single Post

Old 05-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoroden View Post
Hello, Joe here from Shreveport, LA. My wife and I are exploring retirement locations in about 3 years. We have 8 kids between us and also 10 siblings. Thinking of central Florida so they will be enticed to visit us instead of mostly us traveling all over the country.

We are going to do a Lifestyle visit for the first time in May for 4 days. We are very interested in all the positives we have been reading about.

Our only concern so far is that the price per square foot and quality of homes via pictures are more expensive and lower quality than we are used to.

We have a $350k home near Bossier City, LA with 2700 sq fr, a huge kitchen with granite, 3 bedrooms, a large bonus room, 3.5 baths with granite in every one, a kitchen in backyard with granite, crown moldings everywhere. Seems like a similar home would be like $600-800K in The Villages.

For those already there, can you comment on quality and price of homes?

Thanks! Joe
I think you will have to review the homes and make up your mind. The quality will change as sub contractors change. Remember some homes have bonds so add this into the cost of the home. I would try and rent for a few weeks or months in the area you think you want to buy in. I think you are correct in your observations.