Thread: Lovebug Plague!
View Single Post

Old 05-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
At the height of our plague this afternoon after reading one of these messages I put out the "while bowl with water and J&J Baby oil" right in the middle of the plague and all I found in it after an hour+ was a few leaves. HOWEVER I did find what I believe was the cause of this sudden F-Bug attack on our home. Our grill!

We have a pellet grill (aka smoker - which only really visibly "smokes" for the first 10 mins when set at high temps which it was) in which I was cooking a boatload of veggies for my wife and that is when it all started. There were so many it looked like it was pouring F-Bugs. In any case after the grill was shut off for about 20 minutes and cooled down they became just the usual annoying numbers. You really had to see "the swarm" to believe it. They were swarming the roof, around the lanai and on the patio. The major part of the swarm was not over the grill on the patio but on the opposite side of it where the lanai faces the street in front. No grilling tomorrow so I will see if they attack again. There were bodies strewn all over the patio from the Raid bomb.