View Single Post

Old 05-09-2019, 10:41 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
My wife is totally hooked on gas stoves and clothes dryer and I prefer a gas furnace.

Homes in The Villages do not have a furnace. You have A/C which doubles as a heat pump. Its electric. Some areas have gas for other appliances.
The statement that homes do no have a furnace can be misleading. All homes in The Villages likely have a heating source of some source. May be solar, electric resistance, heat pump, gas or other. We have gas available and have a furnace combined with our AC system. If gas is not available, you could have either a heat pump with electric resistance heat, or if available heat resistance only. Perhaps solar.

My experience with electric resistance. Very expensive and slow to heat. Experience with heat pump was slow to heat (air from vents not hot but warm) probably OK here. Did not work well in Charleston, SC. Needed electrical resistance (expensive) as supplement. Gas most effective if available. Can use for heat, hot water and cooking. There is a monthly service fee so if for heating only may be a higher expense.

Our experience is that heating is not needed often but when wanted it is great to have quick (if short ) relief.