View Single Post

Old 05-11-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Once you're passing someone on a golf cart lane that's part of a road (like Morse up north), you're in the regular vehicular traffic lane. So as long as you're not going over the posted speed limit for vehicular traffic there, AND you're not holding up vehicular traffic to do so, I guess it'd be okay to pass a few golf carts.

But if you're on a golf cart path or MMP, you're not allowed to go faster than 19.x mph (whatever that number is). My suggestion to all the slower drivers: if you are going under 17mph and see someone coming up behind you that looks like they'd really like to just not be behind you - slow down a little more, pull to the right if possible, and LET them pass you. Consider - you're clearly not in a rush anyway, so it won't kill you to just slow down another MPH.

When I was using a rental golf cart I ran into this often. My cart couldn't go more than 17. It was set that way, and was annoying because it was very obvious to me that every cart behind me, could go faster, and would if I was just out of their way. So I would always pull over a little as soon as I was in a spot where it was possible, and slow down, and signal to the people behind me to pass.