View Single Post

Old 05-13-2019, 05:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I used to obey all the rules of golf never drove up close to the Greene raked the traps I fixed divots etc. Now I do as the rest of the people When in Rome do as the Romans do. The Villages has changed tremendously so I am with the changes. The king and his court doesn't seem to care about the condition of the courses so neither do I I play what's there and enjoy it. Much easier not having to rake the sand, fix my divots. When The Villages decided not to design any decent courses like the old ones which had trees Lakes sand traps etc. When they decided to take a cow pasture dig a few holes put in some sand plant some fountain grass and put 18 sticks in the ground and call it a golf course that's when I stop caring. I got so tired of hearing all the excuses like too much rain not enough for me too much traffic on the courses too hot to cold Just poor maintenance . Money money money
I am hoping that this is a bit of sarcasm. All golfers know that raking sand, filling divots, etc is for the benefit of the other players who follow. Not to help the owner of the course.