View Single Post

Old 05-14-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default The voice of experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Definitely, those stupid recumbent bikes should be forbidden on any roads. I almost ran a guy over on the circle. As I rounder the curve he was right in front of me. I did not see him until I was practically on top of him. Guess who would have been at fault? Thank God I go slow on the circles.
I drive a car, own a golf cart and ride a bike.

Some people, do not seem to see a bicycle at all they are looking for cars, golf carts and walkers. Some people choose to BULLY others. Some people try to be nice and stop in the middle of the road to let a bike go. ALL ARE WRONG AND ALL EXIST. WHEN YOU ARE ON A BIKE OR DRIVING, OR WALKING WE NEED TO DEAL WITH ALL OF THEM-THINGS ARE NEVER, NOR WILL THEY EVER BE PERFECT. On a bike, I expect people to do what they are supposed to do. I've had people stop a car in the middle of the street to let my bike go. A NICE ACT BUT DANGEROUS. Particularly from a stop, it takes more time than you might think for a bike to get up to speed. The car behind you may choose to simply drive around you. They may not see or care about the bike.

Those three wheeled bicycles are according to me even worse in all the above mentioned bicycle issues. Mentally less likely to be seen and recognized. Being low adds to the issue. They also take up more road room.

As you read these threads, there should be no question there is no shortage of inattentive people-MOST POLITE TERM I CAN FIND. As stated I ride a bike, drive a golf cart and drive a car.
I have never ridden my bike through a roundabout, they are dangerous enough in a car. Roundabouts for golf carts only are exactly the same issues as the ones for cars. People either don't know or don't care what the rules are.

On a bike, use your brain. If you get hit, by a car, a golf cart or even a pedestrian who is at fault will not prevent you from being hurt, possibly severely or even killed. For peat sakes wear bright clothes, wear a helmet have and use lights try to avoid riding early morning or early evening when the sun is in peoples eyes.