View Single Post

Old 05-15-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage

We looked at many places to retire. I never thought I would leave San Diego County, but it got so crowded and gang troubles made the decision easier. I am an avid golfer, but my wife is not. So many places we looked at were centered around a golf course(s) and a clubhouse. Great for me, not for her. On a trip to visit my son in Sarasota, we decided to look here and found a community that certainly filled my golfing expectations but most importantly provided the abundance of activities to fulfill those of my wife.

We’ve been here 13 years and appreciate what the
Morse family has built as they have built a community that has opportunities for many interests. Further, they live here as well and show no intent to leave. Yes, they remain in control either directly or through the central CDDs, but their record is largely positive.

So, I do appreciate the developer and what they’ve created for us to purchase a home and a lifestyle. I do also support those who watch out for the residents as this community grows.

Why do some appear negative? One thought is that the place seems like a resort to some instead of a community. In a resort, you tend to feel the owner should provide for your expectations, and I think some residents feel the developer is not doing that for them.