View Single Post

Old 05-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Default Like The Villages and have a few questions.

Currently live near Indianapolis and am looking to move to TV in the next several years or sooner if everything works out. I do have a few questions for you lucky folks that have been there a few years or more.
1. Can you buy sinkhole insurance for your home or is that something that is in most Florida homeowner insurance policies now? If it is sold as an extra coverage how much does it cost?
2. Does a single HOA cover every neighborhood in TV?
3. Has there ever been any thought to allowing even one style of privacy fencing for owners of designer and premier model homes? I realize the courtyard villas and verandas have fences but I was hoping to have a larger yard (for my Whippet pooch) than what they typically seem to have.
4. I was told by my Villages realtor that every single home in TV uses an electric heat pump for winter heating even in the sections that have gas available. Is that true? I am hoping this isn’t true because I love my gas furnace!!
5. Last question and all I am looking for is a rough estimate on this. What would monthly housing expense be for a $350,000 new home with no mortgage? From what I can tell once you add all the different taxes plus utilities, bond, insurance, activity fee, etc., it would be in the neighborhood of $1,500 a month if your home was paid for. Some realtors have given me a higher figure, some lower. You folks are the experts. Is $1,500 a month about right?