Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default A truly simple answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Why do people support the Developer / TV Concept,

and

Why do other people appear to want to negative and have a dislike for TV/The Developer???

So many times, threads get off of the OP's topic and turn into a debate on The Developers, The Villages' concept, personal attacks against the Developers and the personal support of the Developers.

The Moderators will give us some room here, but let's see if we can flush some of the thoughts / logic out prior to this thread being locked down.

Me????.................I have a lot of respect for the business people who risk their financial well being to develop/create something. ie: The Wright Brothers; Bill Gates; Ben Franklin; John Baird; Delbert Webb: Harley Davidson; as examples. Some got very rich, some did not. To me, that's the American Way.

People are people.
Some of the ones you mention. The Wright Brothers-most know or think they know that they were bicycle mechanics.
At the time, even today building a bicycle required engineering, machining as well as manufacturing and sales. One of the key things the Wright Brothers did was to make their engine out of aluminum rather than cast iron, steel etc. At the time aluminum was both rare and expensive. Perhaps same as today, after their first flight the Wright Brothers attempted to sell to the military.

Ben Franklin was apprenticed to his brother-A CODE OF HONOR.
Ben Franklin learned quickly as he was very bright but he broke his father's contract of honor and quit the terms of his apprenticeship. It is interesting that he has a reputation as a ladies man. HUM it was not due to his looks.

As far as the developer. My opinion as I read these threads, few comprehend what it takes to run this place. People being people will/do complain. It is clearly RARE that people who complain have a solution to the problem. I for one regularly wonder what this place would be like if the INMATES were running it.